Individuals who dream of becoming innovative leaders, game-changing business owners, and successful entrepreneurs should pursue an online degree in Entrepreneurship.
The Entrepreneurship degree will equip students with the skills that will help them launch and manage their own business ventures, create job opportunities for the community, and drive economic growth. Students will learn to determine and evaluate business opportunities, create business plans, conduct market research, manage finances, navigate ethical issues, comply with legal and industry-specific requirements and regulations, and develop robust marketing strategies.
The Entrepreneurship degree program features a curriculum designed to be dynamic, practical, and hands-on, giving students real-world experience by collaborating with industry professionals and mentors. Ultimately, such a business degree will hone students’ entrepreneurial skills and widen their professional networks.
An online degree in Entrepreneurship offers a wide variety of career opportunities. Graduates of this program will learn the necessary skills, gain valuable tools, immerse in real-world situations, and establish networks that will help them create a business plan, start their venture, or work in established companies as consultants or advisors.
Students considering an online degree in entrepreneurship must consider several factors to ensure they find a school that offers a degree program that meets their academic and professional goals. Prospective students can make informed decisions by researching and comparing the school and program offerings.
Each of the online Entrepreneurship programs that made it to our list has these academic features:
- Offers a flexible delivery format for students to pursue a degree, giving them access to course materials and resources,
- Features a comprehensive curriculum that is relevant to entrepreneurship and covers topics such as business planning, marketing, finance, accounting, and business legalities,
- Features a faculty of successful Entrepreneurship alumni who have gained years of relevant experience and continue to make significant contributions to the business world
- Features a robust support system, including career services, technical support, and academic consultation, to help students navigate the program easily and prepare them for their future careers,
- Offers financial aid to all students to help them manage their educational finances,
- Earned the proper accreditation, demonstrating compliance with academic standards.0
- Recognized as a quality Entrepreneurship program by employers and industry associations.
Read our Methodology for details.
10 Best Online Degree in Entrepreneurship Schools
University of Maine at Machias
116 Obrien Ave.
Machias, ME 04654
At the University of Maine at Machias, Bachelor of Science in Business and Entrepreneurial Studies majors are taught to be dreamers, doers, and innovators to become successful entrepreneurs.
- Emphasizes entrepreneurial talents and professional skills to develop an entrepreneurial culture and make students intelligent entrepreneurs.
- Teaches students about business fundamentals in a program that develops their entrepreneurial independence and creativity.
- Provides students with the right attitude and technical excellence through a core curriculum that gives a profound understanding of business and the technical aspects of finance, accounting, and management.
- Allows students to have deeper explorations of marketing and communications, economic history, social responsibility and leadership, and human behavior and social psychology.
- Teaches individuals to analyze forces within the business environment, including economic, technological, legal, global, ethical, regulatory, political, and cultural.
Standout Features of the University of Maine at Machias’ BS in Business and Entrepreneurial Studies Program:
University of Maine at Machias’ Bachelor of Science in Business and Entrepreneurial Studies program aims to provide career preparation opportunities and field-based learning. Because of this, its faculty have fostered strong relationships with local businesses, nonprofit organizations, and community leaders so students can be exposed to various professional development opportunities.
Did You Know?
First-year students at this university are automatically considered for financial aid, such as scholarships, which are renewable for up to four years. For students to be able to keep the scholarship, they must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
These are the financial aid options available to incoming first-year students.
- Presidential Scholarship
- Bold Scholarship
- Acadia Scholarship
- Sunrise Scholarship
- Acadia (NEBHE) Scholarship
- Sunrise (NEBHE) Scholarship
- Downeast Promise
- Education Opportunity Tax Credit
1971 University Blvd
Lynchburg, VA 24515
The Liberty University BS in Business Administration – Entrepreneurship is the first crucial step that those who want to be powerful entrepreneurs must take to achieve their dreams. This program teaches students to be visionaries, creators, and adventurers, turning their passion for entrepreneurship into a rewarding career.
- Teaches students to design, launch, and manage new business ventures successfully.
- Equips students with crucial business skills and the capacity to lead with integrity and wisdom.
- Teaches about marketing, finance, and core management skills to help them strategize and implement successful business plans.
- Helps cultivate the necessary skills to ensure students enjoy the freedom and financial rewards of running a successful business.
- Have a deeper understanding of the dynamics of managing, funding, and establishing a new enterprise.
- Teaches students to assess risks so they can avoid them and minimize those risks to give them the best opportunities in the future.
Standout Features of the Liberty University’s BS in Business Administration – Entrepreneurship Program:
Liberty University’s BS in Business Administration Emphasizing Entrepreneurship is recognized for the affordability, accessibility, and academic quality of its curriculum. The university has also ranked in the top 3 online schools in the country!
Did You Know?
Liberty University provides undergraduate students with free electronic textbooks every year to ensure affordable education for everyone.
Aside from that, they also accept financial aid, including the following:
- Liberty Advantage
- Heroes Fund Scholarship
- Canadian Student Initiative
- International Mission Board
- Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia (SBCV)
- World of Life Employees
- First Responders Discounts
- West Virginia Convention of Southern Baptists (WVCSB)
Cambridge College Global
500 Rutherford Ave.
Boston, MA 02129
Cambridge College Global offers an online BS in Social Entrepreneurship Management degree program to give students a strong foundation to lead, succeed, and innovate. This program also prepares students to build their career potential in various organizational settings, including benefit corporate, nonprofit and for-profit entities, and b-corporations, where they can realize their vision of making a difference in people’s lives.
- Exposes students to the complete range of business acumen necessary to function in nonprofit settings and determine the need to make and raise money to fund such enterprises.
- Offers students three concentrations: Ethical Management, Marketing Management, and Nonprofit Management.
- Introduces students to alternative and innovative ideas that solve various issues.
- Features career-focused coursework taught by faculty members with real-world experience.
Standout Features of the Cambridge College Global’s BS in Social Entrepreneurship Management Program:
Almost all students enrolled in Cambridge College Global’s Bachelor of Science in Social Entrepreneurship Management are working professionals, proving that this school is a good fit for those looking to further their career options because of its flexibility and convenience.
Did You Know?
Cambridge College Global was awarded the Gold Award for Best Practices by the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA) in 2014.
1001 Rogers Street
Columbia, MO 65216
With Columbia College’s Bachelor’s in Entrepreneurship Degree, students will be able to discover entrepreneurship and innovation, which is ideal for those who are self-starters and creative thinkers. This program also helps develop students’ entrepreneurial mindset.
- Teaches about applying foundational business tools to students’ startups or helps them improve existing companies.
- Prepares individuals to lead organizations by developing an entrepreneurial structure that recognizes the importance of the innovation process.
- Let students explore new initiatives while simultaneously teaching them to transform opportunities into social, financial, and cultural value for others.
- Is grounded in a liberal arts education, helping develop students’ critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- It is an ACBSP-Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs-recognized program.
Standout Features of the Columbia College’s Bachelor’s in Entrepreneurship Degree Program:
Bachelor’s in Entrepreneurship Degree majors can take classes in traditional classrooms nationwide at Columbia College. They are also expected to take advantage of the different learning methods offered by the school, including online and virtual classes, to complete their degree.
Did You Know?
Columbia College is committed to helping its students afford a private college education. This is why it offers state-funded grants, scholarships, federal financial aid, and employer partnerships.
Some of the scholarships accepted at this college include the following:
- Society of Women Engineers
- Scholarship America
- The United Negro College Fund (UNCF)
- BigFuture Scholarships
275 W. Wisconsin Ave., Ste. 210
Milwaukee, WI 53203
The Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship at Herzing University is a 122-credit undergraduate degree program that prepares individuals to be their bosses in the future. This also provides them with fundamental knowledge and skills in finance and accounting, decision-making, marketing research, marketing, and consumer behavior, to name a few.
- Has a career-focused curriculum that helps students discover their relevant skills and build a foundation for continued growth in their respective careers,
- Classes are offered day and evening, ensuring flexibility for busy non-traditional students.
- Online students will have access to various virtual services, such as tutoring, technical support, academic advising, library services, and support services,
- Provides individuals with lifelong support on career advancement through personalized and comprehensive student services and career coaching,
- Develops learners’ analytical, management, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- It is Higher Learning Commission-approved.
Standout Features of the Herzing University’s BS in Entrepreneurship Program:
This online entrepreneurship program lasts up to 36 months, equivalent to 122 credit hours. Some of the required management core courses include:
- Introduction to Business
- Business Law
- Principles of Marketing
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- Business Ethics
- Project Management
Entrepreneurship majors must also complete at least 36 semester credit hours in general education: 12.00 in Humanities, 12.00 in Communications, 6.00 in Social and Behavioral Sciences, 3.00 in Science, and 6.00 in Mathematics.
Did You Know?
Herzing University accepts transfer credits of up to 91 approved credits and military/veteran discounts of 10% or a $250 reduction per credit.
Students who need financial assistance can apply for federal grant options, state scholarships and grants, Herzing University-provided scholarships and grants, and other educational grant opportunities.
Arizona State University
300 E Lemon St.
Tempe, AZ 85287
Arizona State University has an online Bachelor of Science in Technological Entrepreneurship and Management, a program that combines the study of entrepreneurship, business, innovation, and technology. This aims to develop individuals’ entrepreneurial skills and teach them to launch technology-based businesses.
- Builds students’ business management and leadership skills to help them start their ventures or provide creative solutions to help an existing organization.
- Teaches about the startup process, from conceptualization to launch, and the essential business fundamentals.
- Focuses on leadership, innovation, entrepreneurship, and business in the technology sector through a curriculum designed to improve the learners’ creativity, design leadership, and change management skills.
- Tackles about launching technology-based businesses, innovating products, improving operation structures, and finding technological solutions to various social challenges.
Standout Features of the Arizona State University’s Online BS in Technological Entrepreneurship and Management Program:
Entrepreneurship majors can complete this program as part of Arizona State University’s accelerated master’s program. This allows students to earn a master’s degree just one year after completing their undergraduate degree, saving time and money.
Did You Know?
Arizona State University aims to help students with their tuition so they can focus on their studies better. This school accepts various financial aid options, including FAFSA, scholarships, student grants, loans, and work-study programs.
Some of the scholarships available to students include:
- A.H. Dudley Scholarship
- Bound to be a Law Student Scholarship
- David Skriloff Scholarship
- Eric Dalius Muzicswipe Scholarship
- The DREAM Fund
- Alford & Clark Injury Attorneys Students in Need Scholarship
- The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Internship Scholarships
- The College Woodside Community Scholars Scholarship
- Boster Bio Scholarship
- ASU Next Generation Service Corps
Green River College
12401 SE 320th St.
Auburn, WA 98092
At Green River College, Bachelor of Applied Science in Marketing and Entrepreneurship majors are taught to elevate their professional skills, build their businesses, and advance their careers.
- Provides students with opportunities to work on real-world projects.
- Helps students apply entrepreneurship principles to maximize business resources.
- Teaches students to survey the business environment, formulate plans, and identify opportunities.
- Teaches about marketing research, product development, product management, business development, digital marketing, project management, entrepreneurial finance, business planning, and promotional planning.
Standout Features of the Green River College’s Bachelor of Applied Science in Marketing and Entrepreneurship:
The BAS in Marketing and Entrepreneurship program at Green River College allows associate’s degree students to combine their lower-division technical with upper-division credits in entrepreneurship, marketing, and business. This results in a practical and application-oriented bachelor’s degree.
Did You Know?
Applicants of this program must be admitted into Green River College. Other requirements include an AAA, AAS, or AAS-T degree with a GPA of 2.5, completion of 097 level Math or high, and completion of English with a 2.5 grade or higher.
Green River College offers financial assistance to deserving students. This includes federal work-study programs, gift aids, and federal loans.
Western Carolina University
1 University Way
Cullowhee, NC 28723
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major with a Concentration in Innovation Leadership and Entrepreneurship
Western Carolina University offers a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major with a Concentration in Innovation Leadership and Entrepreneurship, a top-ranked program designed to prepare individuals to succeed in a highly competitive global market. This online degree program is ideal for those wishing to earn a bachelor’s degree from anywhere.
- Features a curriculum designed by entrepreneurs to meet the challenges of today’s business ventures, particularly in facing increasing competition.
- Focuses on a comprehensive view of strategic thinking and business, which are necessary to help students start their businesses.
- Combines disciplines, such as accounting, economics, and mathematics, with discipline-specific courses relevant to the types of business students want to venture into.
- Mixes business core requirements with mid-to-upper-level entrepreneurship courses and electives.
- Provides a hands-on experience under the direction of faculty members who are entrepreneurs themselves.
Standout Features of the Western Carolina University’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major – Innovation Leadership and Entrepreneurship:
This program is also offered online to allow students to take all required entrepreneurship and business classes fully online.
Applicants of this program must complete a 2-year degree at a community college or with an equivalent number of credit hours.
Did You Know?
Because of Western Carolina University’s commitment to making higher education affordable for all students, they accept various types of financial aid. These include grants, scholarships, loans, work-study programs, military assistance, and graduate student aid.
American Intercontinental University
2200 East Germann Road, Suite 100
Chandler, AZ 85286-1585
The Bachelor of Business Administration – Entrepreneurship specialization offered by the American Intercontinental University is designed to guide students in exploring the contemporary business landscape, immersing in the fundamentals of entrepreneurship, and building managerial skills.
- Covers business administration fundamentals with a curriculum emphasizing marketing principles, ethical and legal business environments, economics basics, and other components.
- Teaches students to evaluate the business landscape, make sound decisions, conceptualize and execute business concepts, and more.
- Teaches students about establishing and operating their ventures or expanding other businesses or corporations.
- It is Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)-accredited.
Standout Features of the American Intercontinental University’s Bachelor of Business Administration – Specialization in Entrepreneurship:
This entrepreneurship degree program offered by the American Intercontinental University is available anytime on mobile phones, ensuring students can pursue this degree at their convenience. It is designed for working professionals who want to advance their education and develop a strong foundation of business principles.
Did You Know?
The American Intercontinental University offers various grants and scholarships to help students pay tuition. These include the following:
- AIU Academic Educational Alliances Grant
- AIU Academic Progress Scholarship
- AIU Advantage Grant
- AIU Corporate Educational Alliances Grant
- AIU International Scholarship
- AIU Lifelong Learning Grant
- AIU Veterans Grant
- AIU Military Spouse Grant
- Yellow Ribbon Grant
Spring Hill College
4000 Dauphin St
Mobile, AL 36608
Spring Hill College offers a BS in Entrepreneurship with flexible online courses to allow working students to earn a degree while keeping their schedules. This program also aims to develop individuals’ entrepreneurship skills and business management strategies.
- Features a high-quality curriculum that provides students with practical skills and necessary tools to make sound business decisions.
- Classes are taught by faculty members committed to helping students activate the theories, put their learning into practice, and be prepared to be agents of change who thrive in a global marketplace.
- Encourages entrepreneurial mindset and develops skills that impact society.
- Teaches students how to apply their knowledge in entrepreneurship through internships at sites that are convenient for them.
- Helps students learn how to develop financial models for startup businesses.
- Faculty members teach classes with years of industry expertise and a student-first approach.
Standout Features of the Spring Hill College’s BS in Entrepreneurship Program:
This online entrepreneurship degree program is designed with flexibility in mind. Students can complete courses online and get individualized support from staff and faculty. Entrepreneurship majors can also use an asynchronous format to read texts, complete coursework, and listen to lectures independently.
Did You Know?
Spring Hill College accepts a maximum of 96 transfer credits for this program. Students can also receive credit for past work or military experience.
This school also has financial aid programs to support students and provide an affordable education for everyone. These include scholarships, loans, partnership discounts, employer tuition reimbursement, and military benefits.
Highest-Paying Careers and Corresponding Salaries for Graduates of Online Degrees in Entrepreneurship
Business and financial employment opportunities are likely to grow by 7% from 2021 to 2031 or generate about 715,000 new jobs in the next decade.
Below are the median annual wages of some of the highest-paying jobs for Entrepreneurship graduates.
- Financial Analysts $81,410
- Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers $133,380
- Sales Managers $127,490
- Personal Financial Advisors $94,170
- General and Operations Managers $97,970
- Operations Research Analysts $82,360
- Management Analysts $93,000
- Market Research Analysts $63,920
- Purchasing Managers, Buyers, and Purchasing Agents $75,410
- Logisticians $77,030
Frequently Asked Questions
Is an online degree in Entrepreneurship required to become an entrepreneur?
A degree in Entrepreneurship is not mandatory for people wanting to start their businesses. However, a college diploma can give graduates an advantage.
Pursuing an online bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurship prepares students to be an effective and successful entrepreneur who has mastered their business skills. This undergraduate program provides them with the necessary knowledge, skills, and tools to organize and analyze their ideas. They will also learn about methodologies, techniques, and strategies that will help them better understand today’s marketplace.
On top of that, students will learn about the fundamentals of Entrepreneurship, such as international business, accounting, finance, marketing, management, leadership, and economics, which will help them build the crucial components of their venture or expand other businesses.
Can Entrepreneurship online program students apply for financial aid?
Yes, virtually all colleges and universities that offer an online learning format for a degree in entrepreneurship encourage students to submit their financial aid forms to help make higher education more achievable for all.
Some employers also provide tuition reimbursement as part of the benefits package. Additionally, students can look into outside sources of scholarships, grants, and other financial assistance options to ensure they can pay off their tuition every year.
What’s the difference between an online degree in Entrepreneurship and Business programs?
Entrepreneurship and Business may often be used interchangeably as both terms refer to running businesses successfully. However, they have a few differences.
- Entrepreneurship is a more specialized field, while small business management is broader.
- Entrepreneurs need to be possibility thinkers, while business owners must be good at analytical thinking.
- Entrepreneurs must focus on generating value, while business people are more concerned about making profits.
- Entrepreneurship involves invention or innovation, while business entails administration.
- Entrepreneurship means high risk, high reward, while business ventures involve minimal risks.
Overall, entrepreneurs lean more toward the creative process, ensuring they look at the bigger picture and long-term value. On the other hand, holders of Small Business, Business Management, or Business Administration degrees focus more on utility and facts, choosing a more linear approach to profitability and growth.
- An online degree in Entrepreneurship will teach individuals about management, marketing, and business development skills needed to run their own companies or help build other startups successfully.
- An online degree in Entrepreneurship will increase graduates’ chances of finding high-paying jobs in business, such as business analysts, financial analysts, and management analysts.
- A degree in Entrepreneurship online is ideal for students juggling their time pursuing higher education and dealing with other commitments.