In this article, we will be covering...
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) has become a crucial therapy for many individuals with autism spectrum disorders or developmental conditions. As demand for qualified ABA therapists continues rising, pursuing a Master’s degree in this growing field can be the first step toward an engaging, meaningful career.
However, the cost associated with graduate programs often deters prospective students. In this article, we analyze quality, accredited universities across the country that offer more economical online and in-person Master’s in Applied Behavior Analysis options, potentially saving students thousands without compromising on educational experience.
Top Affordable Master’s in Applied Behavior Analysis
Nowadays, with so many master’s programs in behavior analysis, it can be quite challenging to pinpoint the best ones for you. This article will dive into standout offerings, faculty expertise, top college rankings, and financial perks, allowing you to decide based on your preferences and requirements.
University of South Florida
Starting your master’s education at the University of South Florida is an experience that goes beyond traditional education. Their master’s degree is designed for international students of applied behavior analysis who want to combine general education with practical experience.
This 41-credit-hour program is designed to be fully delivered online in 5 semesters.
- Holistic understanding: The course is designed to prepare students to sit for the BACB state licensing exam, so it helps students gather the 1,500 hours of supervised experience needed to become a practitioner.
- Scholarships and financial aid: The University of South Florida complies with many financial aid options, such as corporate reimbursement post 9-11 GI Bill for veterans and offers its own scholarships.
- Affordable price promise: This ABA program costs $600 per credit-hour, totaling $24,600 for the entire tuition. There is no difference in cost between residents, nonresidents, and international students.
Southeast Missouri State University
Consider a master’s program that fits your busy schedule and pushes you toward a successful career. The Southeast Missouri State University’s ABA program is a 42-credit-hour masterclass that prepares students both for the work environment and the state licensing exam.
- Career-focused education: The program is crafted to propel students toward integrating into their curriculum either 2,000 supervised hours of fieldwork or 1,500 concentrated supervised hours of fieldwork.
- Flexible curriculum: Aside from the supervised hours of fieldwork, the curriculum is entirely taught online, so students can manage their workload however they prefer, achieving a great work-life balance.
- Tuition: This program comes at an affordable price of $409.50 per credit-hour, totaling $17,199 for the entire course.
Thanks to these three factors the University of Colorado Denver has earned the reputation of being an all-around great environment, accessible and supportive to everyone’s learning career.
University of Cincinnati
The master’s at the University of Cincinnati in Applied Behavior Analysis program is a testament to the magic of intelligence combined with affordability. This 30-credit-hour program is built to prepare its students for the work environment in just three years. It is accessible at a cost of $746 per semester for residents and $761 per semester for non-residents.
- Expert faculty: The program is based on the verified Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) course, ensuring accurate and valuable information.
- Affordable excellence: This program is designed to be affordable and aims to provide an accessible education.
- Scholarship opportunities: Aside from competitive yearly tuition, UC provides up to $2500 per semester for scholarships and active duty and veteran programs.
Florida Institute of Technology
The Florida Institute of Technology not only offers a master’s degree in applied behavior analysis but also creates expertise in the field. This 44-credit-hour course focuses on the traditional content and a personalized education program, allowing students to specialize in areas that suit their interests.
- Specialized education: This master’s course adds to valuable theoretical lessons in many behavior-based research projects under the mentorship of a faculty member, ensuring a comprehensive learning process that prepares students for the work environment.
- Tuition and fees: This program costs $610 per credit-hour, totaling $26,840 for the entire program
- Financial aid: FIT actively contributes to the educational journey by offering diverse financial options. FIT commitment to making education accessible ensures you have the support needed to pursue academic excellence without the telltale signs of automated content.
Why Should You Choose an Online Master’s in Applied Behavior Analysis?
Starting an online master’s degree in applied behavior analysis (ABA) will open the door to many opportunities where learning and flexibility combine to meet the requirements of professionals and people who love to learn.
An ABA master’s degree complements roles like special education teacher, school counselor, psychologist, or clinical social worker. While additional training or license may be needed, the comprehensive education prepares you for impactful careers improving lives.
Finally, a master’s in ABA is a great opportunity to kickstart a remunerative career. The average salary for an Applied Behavior Analyst in the United States is just under $70,000 per year.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Fastest Master’s in ABA Program?
Pepperdine University offers a swift online master’s in ABA in just 15 months for bachelor’s degree holders. The program, without GRE requirements, combines clinical training and BCBA exam preparation, ensuring a speedy yet comprehensive educational journey.
Are Applied Behavior Analysts in Demand?
The demand for Behavior analysts has been consistently increasing since 2010, with a substantial jump of +23% between 2021 and 2022.
How Long Is the ABA Masters Program?
Most ABA Master Programs require around 30 credits to complete the course, and students can finish the program in just 5 semesters or 18 months.
To sum it up, opting for an affordable master’s in applied behavior analysis is not just a choice; it’s a strategic investment in a fulfilling career. From flexible schedules to expert faculty, these programs offer more than education – they provide a pathway for making a real impact.